The Young Neurosurgeons Circle of Giving recognizes residents who have made a commitment — early in their careers — to advance the specialty through support of neurosurgical research and education.
Membership is open to residents who commit to advancing neurosurgery by making a total contribution of $500 ($USD) during residency. All lifetime donations apply toward membership in the Cushing Circle of Giving.
Thank You to Young Neurosurgeons Circle of Giving Donors
- Nitin Agarwal, MD - Univ. of Pittsburgh Neurosurgical Residency
- Nathaniel R. Ellens, MD - Univ. of Rochester Neurosurgical Residency
- Redi Rahmani, MD - Univ. of Rochester Neurosurgical Residency
- Vamsi Reddy, MD - Univ. of Texas-Southwestern Neurosurgical Residency
- Joseph R. Linzey, MD, MS - Univ. of Michigan Neurosurgical Residency
- Michael M. McDowell, MD - Univ. of Pittsburgh Neurosurgical Residency
- Allen L. Ho, MD - Stanford University Neurosurgical Residency
- Neil Majmundar, MD - Rutgers New Jersey Neurosurgical Residency
- Shervin Rahimpour, MD - Duke University Neurosurgical Residency
Joining the Young Neurosurgeons Circle of Giving
Members of the Young Neurosurgeons Circle of Giving represent residency programs from around the country. Donations to the NREF have a direct impact on patients, educators, researchers, clinicians and, in particular, young neurosurgeons. Your support makes it possible for us to continue funding cutting-edge courses and merit-based grants.
- Gold: $2,500+ ($USD)
- Silver: $1,000 - $2,499 ($USD)
- Bronze: $500 - $999 ($USD)
Payment plans are available. Gifts can be made as a one-time contribution, in regular monthly or annual installments, or as part of a tiered plan during the course of your residency. For example, a pledge of $500 can be fulfilled in several ways:
- $10 per month for 50 months
- $100 per year for 5 years
The NREF’s commitment to fund neurosurgical research and provide educational opportunities for residents is unmatched. Giving back to the NREF provides young neurosurgeons with research & educational opportunities, and engaging with the wider neurosurgical community provides a pathway to future leadership opportunities in organized neurosurgery.Nitin Agarwal, MD
Donations can also be made commensurate with your advancement in your neurosurgical residency program.
- Years 1-2 $25/year
- Years 3-4 $50/year
- Years 5-6 $100/year
- Year 7 $150
All members receive the following benefits and recognition, except where noted:
- NREF pin
- Acknowledgement at www.NREF.org
- Acknowledgement in the NREF Annual Report
- Invitation to the NREF Donor Recognition Reception
- Access to VIP Donor Lounge at AANS Annual Scientific Meeting
- $100 gift voucher for use in the AANS Bookstore (Gold level ONLY)
For more information about the Young Neurosurgeons Circle of Giving, contact Director of Foundation Services Joanne Bonaminio at 847.378.0541 or firstname.lastname@example.org.