This invitation-only course in neuroendovascular surgical techniques provides a comprehensive, hands-on learning experience in the treatment of neurovascular disorders.
The one-and-a-half-day course, geared toward fellows presently enrolled in a neuroendovascular fellowship, will provide training from renowned faculty in advanced neuroendovascular techniques using animal models and simulators.
Fellows will learn technique and complication avoidance in the treatment of AVMs, aneurysms, carotid stenosis and acute stroke therapy. Also included is didactic sessions on technology, devices and career advice.
A recording of the didactic portion of this course is available to view online.
Number of Attendees (2022): 26
Upon completion of this educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Apply advanced technique for the treatment of aneurysms, AVM’s, carotid stenosis and acute thrombolysis for stroke and perform them on an animal and simulation model.
- Describe complication avoidance in the treatment of complex cerebrovascular disease.
- Discuss the latest tools used in endovascular therapy, including stents, coils, glue and stroke devices as well as future devices being developed.
- Recognize techniques used in endovascular therapy for improved outcomes and complication avoidance.
- Mandy J. Binning, MD, FAANS, Neurosurgeon, Drexel Neurosciences Institute, Drexel Univ. (Philadelphia, PA)
- Lucas Elijovich, MD, Neurologist, Semmes Murphey Clinic, University of Tennessee (Memphis, TN)
- Adam S. Arthur, MD, MPH, FAANS, FACS, Neurosurgeon, Semmes-Murphey Clinic, University of Tennessee (Memphis, TN)
- Erol Veznedaroglu, MD, FAANS, FACS, FAHA, Neurosurgeon, Drexel Neurosciences Institute, Drexel Univ. (Philadelphia, PA)
- Reade DeLeacy, MD, Radiologist, Mount Sinai Hospital (New York, NY)
- Jeremy Fields, MD, Neurologist, Kaiser Permanente (Portland, OR)
- Justin Fraser, MD, FAANS, Neurosurgeon, Kentucky Neuroscience Institute (Lexington, KY)
- Peter T. Kan, MD, Neurosurgeon, University of Texas Medical Branch (Houston, TX)
- Sandra Narayanan, MD, FAHA, FANA, FSVIN, Neurologist, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Peter K. Nelson, MD, Neurosurgeon, New York University Medical Center (New York, NY)
- Christopher S. Ogilvy, MD, Neurosurgeon, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (Boston, MA)
- Monica S. Pearl, MD, Radiologist, Johns Hopkins Medicine (Baltimore, MD)
NOTE: Agenda and Faculty Members subject to change.
Medical Education & Research Institute (MERI) Lab
September 15-17, 2023
The NREF gratefully acknowledges the following companies for their support of the 2022 course:
- Methodist Hospital
- Rapid Medical