A comprehensive series of didactic lectures and hands-on instruction with internationally recognized faculty presents the state-of-the-art open and MIS management of cervical, thoracic and lumbar disorders.
This invitation-only course will emphasize surgical techniques for management of a wide range of spinal disorders. Discussion topics include treatment of traumatic, degenerative and neoplastic disorders of the spine. Management of more complex conditions, such as spinal deformity, are also discussed.
The salient aspects of surgical anatomy, surgical approach, treatment options, implant design and selection, efficacy, open versus MIS fusion techniques and lateral access options to the spine are included in the course curriculum.
- Identify the fundamentals of the surgical decision-making process involving disorders of the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine.
- Review the anatomy of anterior and posterior surgical approaches to the cervical, thoracic and lumbosacral spine.
- Discuss the indications, results and potential complications for various instrumentation techniques.
- Formulate strategies to avoid and manage spine surgery complications.
- Apply more advanced surgical techniques, such as occipitocervical, cervicothoracic and spinopelvic instrumentation.
- Praveen V. Mummaneni, MD, FAANS
- Juan S. Uribe, MD, FAANS
Honored Guest Invited
- John Knightly, MD, FAANS
- Andrew K. Chan, MD
- Clifford Crutcher, II, MD
- Sanjay Dhall, MD, FAANS
- Anthony M. DiGiorgio, DO, MHA, FAANS
- Jakub Godzik, MD
- Adam S. Kanter, MD, FAANS
- Miki Katzir, MD
- Lara Massie, MD
- Paul Park, MD, FAANS
- Brenton Pennicooke, MD
- Wilson Zachary Ray, MD, FAANS
- Laura A. Snyder, MD, FAANS
- Jay D. Turner, MD, PhD, FAANS
- Cheerag Upadhyaya, MD, MBA, MSc, FACS, FAANS
- Michael Virk, MD, PhD
- Theresa Williamson, MD
- Timothy J. Yee, MD
- Samer Zammar, MD
NOTE: Agenda and Faculty Members subject to change.
Barrow Neurological Institute (BNI)
July 14-16, 2023
The NREF gratefully acknowledges the following companies for their support of the 2022 course:
- BK Medical
- DAY Surgical (Zeiss)
- Mainstay Medical
- Spinal Elements