This is an invitation-only, advanced hands-on cadaver course for senior-level (PGY4+) neurosurgical residents interested in learning additional techniques for treating deformities of the spine.
Topics to be covered include: indications for performing spinal deformity surgeries; techniques used for correcting spinal deformities and the biomechanics as it relates to the correction of spinal deformities. An emphasis is placed on sacropelvic parameters in surgical decision making.
A recording of the didactic portion this course is available to view online.
Number of Attendees (2020): 31
Upon completion of the educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Explain the indications for spinal deformity surgery
- Apply techniques for correction of spinal deformity
- Discuss spinal biomechanics as it relates to correction of spinal deformity
- Daniel M. Sciubba, MD, FAANS
- Justin S. Smith, MD, PhD, FAANS
2020 Faculty Members
- Puya Alikhani, MD
- Ali A. Baaj, MD, FAANS
- Dean Chou, MD, FAANS
- Isaac Obiri Karikari, MD, FAANS
- Paul Park, MD, FAANS
- Jay Turner, MD, PhD
- Juan Uribe, MD, FAANS
- Chun-Po Yen, MD
Barrow Neurological Institute (BNI), Phoenix
The NREF gratefully acknowledges the following companies for their support of the 2020 Spinal Deformity for Residents course:
- DePuy Synthes
- Zimmer Biomet
Note: Agenda and Faculty Members subject to change.