- The John C. Oakley Honor Your Mentor Fund, sponsored by the AANS/CNS Section on Pain, will be presenting a $25,000 award in 2019. This traveling fellowship allows a resident, fellow or faculty member to experience clinical rotations with pain neurosurgeons in the United States. For more information or to apply for this award, visit the Pain Section website.
- Save the date for the 16th Annual Neurosurgery Charity Softball Tournament to be held Saturday, June 8, 2019. For more information, contact Dr. Ricardo Komotar at email@example.com or Dr. Jeffrey Bruce at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can support the NREF while doing your holiday shopping! Register with iGive.com or AmazonSmile and designate the NREF as your chosen charity. A percentage of your purchases made through AmazonSmile and iGive.com will be donated directly to the NREF at no cost to you.
- Donations to the NREF support programs in the diagnosis and treatment of neurological disorders. Making a gift to the NREF is easy, and there are many options from which to choose!
- Mobile Device – Text “NREF” to 312-313-NREF (6733) to receive a link. Simply click on the link, login and pay using either a credit card or ApplePay.
- Planned Gifts – The Charitable Planning Strategies brochure offers information about planned gifts, bequests, stock transfers, royalties and more. Talk with your personal tax advisor to determine the most suitable charitable giving strategy for your needs.
- Memorials & Tributes – The Celebrate a Life program is an opportunity for patients, their families and friends to make a gift in support of neurosurgical education and research honoring someone special in their life or the memory of someone who is no longer with them.
- Donor-advised Funds – Individuals can contribute to the NREF through a Donor-Advised Fund (DAF), a philanthropic vehicle that allows donors to make a charitable contribution, receive an immediate tax benefit and then recommend distribution from the fund to the NREF over time.
- Matching Gifts – If your employer has a matching gift program, obtain the proper forms from your personnel office to stretch your donation and make a greater impact.
- Social Media – Host an online fundraiser and direct donations to the NREF.
Your generosity makes it possible for the NREF to advance the practice of neurosurgery. To see how the NREF provides educational opportunities for neurosurgeons and supports studies that identify links between best practices and improved outcomes in patient care, please view the Stewardship Report.
Together, we are making a difference in patients’ lives.